IOCL is known to lay emphasis on infrastructure development and reduction of auto fuels for environment protection. Distillate Yield Improvement Project in Haldia Refinery is one such example. ISGEC was awarded delivery of Coke Drums from Dahej to IOCL Haldia Refinery and BOXCO Logistics was the chosen Logistics Service Provider.
Boxco has been a reliable partner for both ISGEC and IOCL as association with IOCL dates back to IOCL Paradip Refinery, IOCL Mathura Refinery, IOCL Baroda Refinery and IOCL Panipat Refinery. Boxco and ISGEC have always worked in unison for any major project where multimodal transportation is involved.
IOCL, being a PSU, had laid down some of the stringent criteria for transportation like owning SPMTs for transportation in Haldia Side, barges, Goldhoffer Hydraulic Axles and safety standards to be followed as per its own standards. Boxco is one of the rarest of logistics service provider in India to have owned all required assets for successful execution of IOCL Projects.
ISGEC fabricated 2 massive Coke Drums weighing 591mt each with dimensions of 41.7m length and 10.25m diameter. Our Scope of Work involved Delivery of 2 no of Coke Drums from ISGEC Works to IOCL Haldia Refinery which involved transportation by barge followed by vessel.
- Transportation of an equipment
- Meticulous Planning and engineering
- Civil works from ISGEC Dahej Works to Adani Dahej Jetty
- Liasoning with Adani Dahej Port, Barge and Tug Master
- Roll On of the packages during low tide on Barge at Dahej Port
- Seamless co-ordination with Vessel Master/Shipping Agent at Mumbai Anchorage
- Liasoning with Vessel Agent for coastal custom clearance at Haldia
- Receiving the cargo on SPMTs and Transportation from Haldia Port to Site
- Co-ordinating with Agencies for obtaining electrical shut down
- Civil Works from Haldia Port to IOCL Haldia Refinery
- Dahej Jetty is a tidal jetty and barging operation has to be very precise with alignment, mooring, ballasting, ramp placement, roll on during low tide
- Double Banking at Mumbai Anchorage involving lifting of the packages from barge using vessel’s gears
- Shipping of the packages to Haldia Port and berthing of vessel in time as Haldia Port is which is always saddled with vessel congestion
- Major civil work en route and co-ordination with agencies for electrical shutdown so that both the activities are carried out simultaneously to prevent the cargo being stranded en route
Boxco with its efforts and due diligence successfully co-ordinated with all required statutory agencies to make sure that the cargo was delivered in time without any glitches.
Both ISGEC and IOCL were extremely satisfied with our work and assured us of continuous support in the future assignments and we wish to accomplish more projects of such magnitude and of national importance in the future.